- David Archer (U. Chicago)
- Malcolm Hughes (U. Arizona)
- Lee Kump (PSU)
- Michael Mann (PSU)
- Ray Pierrehumbert (U. Chicago)
- David Rind (NASA/Columbia U.)
- Gavin Schmidt (NASA/Columbia U.)
- Eric Steig (U. Washington)
Each request was similar to this one, except with the name and institution replaced:
Note that NSF is not a data repository (request 1), nor a custodian of policy advice from scientists (#3) - and certainly not that given to other agencies - and so most of this information is not going to exist at NSF. The extension of the vague requests to the entire university (#4) will also likely fail as being impossible to respond to.
Much of the information on awards, grants and funding to all NSF recipients (#2) is already in the public domain.
Issues: Prior existence of records, broadness of response